Buffalo Chicken Twice-Baked Potatoes
Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 575
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender when pierced with a fork, checking for doneness after 1 hour and then every 15 minutes, 1 1/2 to 2 hours total.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 5 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half horizontally. Scoop out potato flesh into a large bowl. Add butter; mix until melted and well-combined. Season with salt and black pepper. Stir in chicken, 2 cups Cheddar cheese and buffalo sauce; mix well to combine. Spoon potato filling back into empty skins. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until filling is hot and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute a cooked rotisserie chicken for the chicken breasts if desired.
- Substitute margarine for the butter if desired.
- Bake potatoes in the microwave instead of the oven if preferred. Bake the chicken in the oven for the last 30 minutes the potatoes are cooking instead of pan-frying if preferred.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 575 calories; 33.4 40.4 30 117 1707 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
Used only 1/2 cup of Frank's hot sauce, sour cream mixed with ranch dip and topped with partial cooked bacon. Oh my.
I scaled the recipe down but other than that I made as written. These were delicious! I had one of the leftovers for lunch today and even though it wasn't quite as good as fresh out of the oven...
These are good. The only change I made was to use some chicken breast that I already had cooked. I thought the amount of buffalo sauce might be too much but it was actually just right. I'm gong ...
With large potatoes I found it took longer than started for the inside to be done. Otherwise we enjoyed the flavor and didn’t find the heat a problem. Honestly I may add more next time.
Warning - this was spicier than I thought it was going to be, and I didn't even use the full amount of hot sauce in the recipe. I used Texas Pete and ran out, so I used a little over a cup. Ho...
Great! But I only used 1/2 cup of hot sauce! Anymore would've been to much we think! Also the sour cream from another review was a great add on!