Ingredients41 m servings 153 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat butter in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave until melted, 25 to 30 seconds. Add hot sauce and microwave until heated through, 20 to 30 seconds more. Stir in ranch seasoning.
- Combine rice cereal squares, wheat cereal squares, peanuts, pretzel crackers, and Parmesan-flavored crackers in a large bowl. Pour in butter mixture; mix thoroughly to coat. Spread in 2 ungreased 9x13-inch baking pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and stir well. Return to the oven; bake until dried, about 15 minutes more. Spread on paper towels to cool.
- Cook's Note:
- Most of the ingredients comprise half of the box or bag they come in (ie. there are about 3 cups of Goldfish® in a bag), so doubling the recipe is easy or saving the other half for later is very convenient.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 153 calories; 9.4 g fat; 13.9 g carbohydrates; 3.7 g protein; 8 mg cholesterol; 396 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Very good and the family really enjoyed it! To us, it was more 'spicy' than 'buffalo-y', if that makes any sense. The flavor is good, though. Please watch while cooking this. I had it in for the...
The flavor is great but needs to be cooked less. I had to pick out the burned pieces of the wheat Chex.
I have made this for many years I leave out the peanuts I don't like them and I bake at 225 for an hour mixing every 15 minutes. This is very addicting.
I agree with the longer period at a lower temp suggested in the comments. Dries the mix out very well without burning it. I also recommend waiting a day or two to consume it. The flavors really ...