Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 16 m servings 75 cals
Original recipe yields 80 servings (80 to 100 shrimp)
- Grease 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Run a sharp knife along each shrimp's back and open slightly. Place shrimp in a large bowl of cold water.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl until smooth. Drain shrimp and add to egg mixture; mix with your hands to combine and coat.
- Mix flour, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and cornstarch together in a large bowl. Dredge shrimp, a few at a time, in flour until well-coated, including the opening in the backs. Place battered shrimp on baking sheets.
- Chill shrimp until batter is set, about 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan.
- Fry shrimp, in batches, until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes per batch. Test one to make sure shrimp is cooked through. Transfer to paper towel-lined bowl to drain.
- Place buttery spread, cayenne pepper sauce, and garlic powder in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Heat until sauce is combined; stir in corn syrup.
- Divide shrimp among serving bowls. Stir in sauce until shrimp are completely covered.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 75 calories; 4.5 g fat; 5.6 g carbohydrates; 2.9 g protein; 27 mg cholesterol; 121 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I'm assuming the 80 servings is supposed to read 8. That being said, I halved the recipe with 4 servings in mind. I really liked this but wanted to mention a couple of things. One egg per pound ...