Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 54 m servings 314
Original recipe yields 20 servings (20 cake bars)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly spray bottom and sides of a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Stir cookie mix, oil, and egg together in a large bowl until a soft dough forms. Drop 3 heaping tablespoons of dough on an ungreased baking sheet 2 inches apart to make 3 cookies.
- Bake cookies in the preheated oven until set, 12 to 13 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet, 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Press remaining dough evenly into the bottom of the baking pan.
- Measure 1 cup cherry pie filling into a small bowl and reserve for the topping; cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
- Beat cream cheese, remaining cherry pie filling, and white sugar together in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until well-blended, about 2 minutes. Spread cream cheese mixture over dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Spread whipped topping over cream cheese layer. Top with spoonfuls of the reserved pie filling. Crumble cookies into coarse crumbs and sprinkle on top. Chill until flavors blend, at least 1 hour. Cut into 20 bars.
You might also like
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 314 calories; 18.9 32.8 3.3 34 147 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
As is, the recipe is messed up. If you follow the current directions the cookie dough will be so dry you can't form the crust. According to the cookie mix you need to add 2 Tbsp water, so I add...