Ingredients16 m servings < 1
- Line a microwave-safe plate with a paper towel. Place celery leaves in a single layer and cover with a second paper towel. Microwave leaves, rearranging if needed, in 30-second intervals until dry and crispy. Uncover and cool, about 10 minutes.
- Measure out 2 tablespoons of dried leaves and crumble with your fingers. Add to salt and mix well. Briefly pulse in a spice grinder if desired.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute sea salt for the kosher salt if desired.
- Do not use recycled paper towels, as they may catch on fire!
- The celery leaves may be dried until crisp in an oven set at the lowest possible temperature, instead of in a microwave.
Per Serving: < 1 calorie; 0 0.2 0 0 1902 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
The is a great way to make use of celery leaves. I did not dry them in the microwave. I washed them well, patted dry and placed on parchment paper on a sheet pan. Pre-heated the oven to 200, ...
The taste of this beats any bottled, industrial version around. I used the oven method. Will use this often. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
It was really easy, and I like how you can control how little or much you make at a time.