Ingredients16 m servings < 1
- Line a microwave-safe plate with a paper towel. Place celery leaves in a single layer and cover with a second paper towel. Microwave leaves, rearranging if needed, in 30-second intervals until dry and crispy. Uncover and cool, about 10 minutes.
- Measure out 2 tablespoons of dried leaves and crumble with your fingers. Add to salt and mix well. Briefly pulse in a spice grinder if desired.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute sea salt for the kosher salt if desired.
- Do not use recycled paper towels, as they may catch on fire!
- The celery leaves may be dried until crisp in an oven set at the lowest possible temperature, instead of in a microwave.
Per Serving: < 1 calorie; 0 0.2 0 0 1902 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
The is a great way to make use of celery leaves. I did not dry them in the microwave. I washed them well, patted dry and placed on parchment paper on a sheet pan. Pre-heated the oven to 200, ...
The taste of this beats any bottled, industrial version around. I used the oven method. Will use this often. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
It was really easy, and I like how you can control how little or much you make at a time.
If you open this recipe in the app, you will not see the recommendation to avoid using recycled paper towel. It will catch on fire! PS - fresh lovage leaves can be substituted for the celery lea...
I had no idea until tonight you can use celery leaves to make this. Always tossed them in the trash. I’ve officially been inspired by this. Works great. Thanks for the recipe.