Churro Log Cabin
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 1545
Original recipe yields 6 servings (1 log cabin)
- Cabin Base: Fill a piping bag with frosting. Pipe a line of frosting along one side of a churro; lay frosting-side down on a serving platter. Repeat with 3 additional churros to form a square. Repeat with a second layer of churros, stacking them frosting side down on top of base layer. Repeat until walls are 4 churros high. Stick toothpicks vertically through churros at each corner for structural stability.
- Roof: Center a graham cracker across the top of the cabin, using frosting to adhere it to the tops of the cabin walls. Lay a second graham cracker next to it; it will overhang the side of the cabin a bit. Adhere it with frosting. Repeat with a third graham cracker on the other side. Measure and cut 2 pieces of red licorice to the same length as the graham crackers, about 4x 3/4 inches; glue with frosting down the center of the middle graham cracker about 3 inches apart. These will hold up the A-frame roof. To form the A-frame, frost the long sides of 2 graham crackers and lean them together so top long sides meet and bottom long sides are set just inside the licorice lines. Decorate roof with licorice and gumdrops as desired.
- Cabin Door: Break a graham cracker in half widthwise, spread a thin layer of frosting on one side, then decorate with candy canes and holiday sprinkles. Frost backside of door and stick it to the front of the log cabin.
- Windows: Break a graham cracker into quarters. Spread 3 quarters with a thin layer of frosting and decorate as desired. Frost backside of windows and stick them to sides and back of cabin.
- Icicles and Snow: Pipe frosting icicles along roofline, sprinkle coconut around cabin, and sift confectioners' sugar over the top.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Serve with caramel sauce in a bowl and let everyone pull the house apart to eat. Remember to warn them about the toothpicks!
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of candy decorations. The actual amount consumed will vary.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 1545 calories; 45.7 280.9 5.2 5 370 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1