Memphis BBQ Pork Totchos
Ingredients1 h servings 619
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Arrange potato nuggets in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Shake baking sheet and continue baking until potato nuggets are extra crispy, 20 to 24 minutes longer. Remove baking sheet from oven and turn on oven's broiler.
- Top potato nuggets with pepperjack cheese, pulled pork, onion, and jalapeno peppers. Drizzle barbeque sauce over "totchos".
- Broil in the preheated oven until cheese starts to bubble, 5 to 7 minutes. Top "totchos" with coleslaw and green onions.
- Cook's Notes:
- I prepare my dry rub-seasoned pork shoulder in a slow cooker, cool it and then pull it by hand, gently creating chunks of pork. Then, I use a cleaver to chop it, and finally, I finish it in a grill pan, over high heat, adding more dry rub seasoning. I order the dry rub from Rendezvous in Memphis. Finishing it on the grill pan makes the meat crispy, mimicking the all-important "bark" formed on the outside of true barbeque. It also renders out some of the fat, so the pork isn't as rich.
- The potato nuggets should really be extra crispy so they don't sog out when buried in the toppings.
Per Serving: 619 calories; 32.1 57.2 31.7 105 1675 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
I used the following "cheats" to make this recipe faster and easier. Bought coleslaw from the deli, and used two bowls of Curly's BBQ pulled pork instead of making my own. 30 minutes in a 425 co...
This is a great idea. Husband made a pork shoulder yesterday to serve at a super bowl party and found this recipe on here. We had to go buy the ingredients to make this so he could try it. He ...
I made this for my husband and me for the Super Bowl. (Just the two of us.) He loved it! I didn't really measure, but used the basic recipe. I made the tots in two 9" cake pans, then we built ou...
My husband loved it and wants it again. I used pulled chicken and did a smaller recipe. My only concern is the amount of fat and sodium, which is probably what makes it taste so good!
I do not eat pork, so I took the shredded beef I had on hand and added 2/3 bbq, 1/3 wing sauce. Mixed together and put on top the already cooked, crispy tots. I put the shredded jalapeños jack c...
thanks for this! I had leftover pulled pork and Cole slaw and a bag of tater tots I bought with a coupon. talk about a cheap but delicious meal!