Memphis BBQ Pork Totchos
Ingredients1 h servings 619
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Arrange potato nuggets in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Shake baking sheet and continue baking until potato nuggets are extra crispy, 20 to 24 minutes longer. Remove baking sheet from oven and turn on oven's broiler.
- Top potato nuggets with pepperjack cheese, pulled pork, onion, and jalapeno peppers. Drizzle barbeque sauce over "totchos".
- Broil in the preheated oven until cheese starts to bubble, 5 to 7 minutes. Top "totchos" with coleslaw and green onions.
- Cook's Notes:
- I prepare my dry rub-seasoned pork shoulder in a slow cooker, cool it and then pull it by hand, gently creating chunks of pork. Then, I use a cleaver to chop it, and finally, I finish it in a grill pan, over high heat, adding more dry rub seasoning. I order the dry rub from Rendezvous in Memphis. Finishing it on the grill pan makes the meat crispy, mimicking the all-important "bark" formed on the outside of true barbeque. It also renders out some of the fat, so the pork isn't as rich.
- The potato nuggets should really be extra crispy so they don't sog out when buried in the toppings.
Per Serving: 619 calories; 32.1 57.2 31.7 105 1675 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
This is a great idea. Husband made a pork shoulder yesterday to serve at a super bowl party and found this recipe on here. We had to go buy the ingredients to make this so he could try it. He ...
I used the following "cheats" to make this recipe faster and easier. Bought coleslaw from the deli, and used two bowls of Curly's BBQ pulled pork instead of making my own. 30 minutes in a 425 co...
This was a big hit with my family. I didn’t have pepperjack cheese so I used Monterey Jack and it was fine. I also left off the jalapeños because I didn’t have any. My kids don’t live spicy so b...
We had 6 people give it two thumbs up! We made the tots extra crispy! Will definitely be making again.
I made this for my husband and me for the Super Bowl. (Just the two of us.) He loved it! I didn't really measure, but used the basic recipe. I made the tots in two 9" cake pans, then we built ou...
Different but intriguing. Can be made also with shredded chicken. I think just hamburger, taco seasoning, the pepper jack cheese, coleslaw etc minus the BBQ sauce would be good also. I used tin...
This was very good. We've made pulled BBQ pork on baked potatoes before, and this was a delightful variation on that. Loved the addition of jalapenos to spice it up and the coleslaw was an inter...