Potato Bacon Pizza
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 163
Original recipe yields 16 servings (2 large pizzas)
- Place potato slices in a deep skillet and cover with 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain; set aside to cool.
- Place bacon slices in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels; set aside to cool.
- Heat cream, butter, and garlic together in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted, about 5 minutes. Add Parmesan cheese; stir until melted. Reduce heat to low and simmer sauce, uncovered, until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease 2 pizza pans.
- Combine warm water, honey, and yeast in a large bowl. Let stand until yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 5 minutes.
- Stir oil into yeast mixture. Mix in flour, 1 cup at a time, until dough starts to come together. Turn out dough onto a well-floured surface. Knead, adding more flour as you work, until dough is no longer sticky. Divide dough into 2 pieces and roll out to the size of your pizza pans; transfer to greased pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crusts are lightly golden, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and spread sauce over both crusts. Cover sauce with potato slices. Crumble bacon slices over potatoes and cover with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake pizzas in the preheated oven until crusts are golden brown and cheese is bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute white sugar for the honey, if preferred.
- Use small baking sheets instead of pizza pans, if desired.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 163 calories; 7.6 16.5 7.1 22 190 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was very good. We like cooking for adventure. I made my own dough seasoned with garlic and rosemary. I grilled white potatoes using water as advised when grilling in the bacon grease to c...