Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 272
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread 1/4 to 1/2 pound of salt on the aluminum foil in the approximate shape of the fish. Lay bay leaves on top of the salt. Place fish on top. Stuff fish cavity with cilantro, parsley, and dill. Pack down remaining salt firmly over fish, leaving head and tail exposed.
- Bake in the preheated oven until salt crust is golden, about 30 minutes.
- Take fish out of oven. Carefully crack open the salt crust; remove top. Peel skin off the fish to expose flesh. Lift the top fillet off the bones using a fish knife or spatula. Remove bones in one piece by lifting from the tail and pulling upwards toward the head. Lift the bottom fillet out with the knife or spatula.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of salt. The actual amount of salt consumed will vary.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 272 calories; 10.5 1.1 41.1 122 88088 Full nutrition