Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients31 m servings 401 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (2 1-pound snapper )
- Cut heads off each snapper and score skin on each side; sprinkle with sea salt.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add snapper and pan-fry until skin is brown and crispy and flesh flakes easily with a fork, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Place snapper on a serving platter and return skillet to stove top.
- Cook remaining oil, tomatoes, chiles, and garlic over high heat in a skillet until tomatoes soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add water, fish sauce, and palm sugar; simmer until mixture is reduced slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in green onions, cilantro, and cornstarch; simmer until mixture is reduced to a sticky-sauce consistency, about 1 minute more. Pour sauce over fish to serve.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute a milder chile for the bird's eye chile, if desired.
- Substitute kosher salt for sea salt, if desired.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 401 calories; 17 g fat; 12.8 g carbohydrates; 48.3 g protein; 82 mg cholesterol; 740 mg sodium. Full nutrition