Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients16 h 49 m servings 785 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Whisk vino seco, 1/4 cup olive oil, and salt together in a large bowl. Add oxtails and mix well to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
- Drain oxtails, discarding all but 1/2 cup of the marinade.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat and sear oxtails until browned on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a large plate. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in the same pot. Saute potatoes, onion, and carrots until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Mash garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt into a coarse paste in a mortar and pestle. Add garlic paste to the pot; stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in green olives, bay leaves, sazon completa, sazon seasoning, and allspice. Pour in reserved marinade, tomato sauce, and chicken broth.
- Return oxtails to the pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, covered, until oxtails are fork tender and falling off the bone, about 4 hours.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 785 calories; 41.8 g fat; 23 g carbohydrates; 72.9 g protein; 252 mg cholesterol; 2008 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1