Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients19 m servings 315 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Beat eggs in a large bowl until frothy. Stir in salt, 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons ice water, and 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon flour until just incorporated but batter is still very lumpy.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Dry sweet potato slices well. Dip 3 slices at a time in the batter, letting excess batter drip back into the bowl. Fry until golden brown, turning once, about 2 minutes per side. Lift out with a slotted spoon onto a cooling rack set over paper towels. Repeat with remaining slices.
- Whisk rice wine and soy sauce together in a small bowl to make dipping sauce.
- Editor's Notes:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of soy sauce. The actual amount of soy sauce consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 315 calories; 13.8 g fat; 35.8 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 93 mg cholesterol; 1269 mg sodium. Full nutrition