Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 115
Original recipe yields 12 servings (3 cups)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Peel off the outer layers of the garlic bulb, leaving the cloves intact. Cut off and discard the top 1/4 of the bulb; drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil and wrap tightly in aluminum foil.
- Bake garlic in the preheated oven until softened, about 50 minutes.
- Squeeze garlic cloves out of their papery skins. Place garlic, chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, ground cumin, salt, and black pepper together in a blender. Cover and puree until smooth. Garnish with more cumin.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- A food processor works equally as well as a blender for this recipe.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 115 calories; 5.9 13.1 3.4 0 261 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Very good! I suggest keeping some of the drained liquid from the chickpeas in case you need to thin the hummus a bit (I did need to). I also added a bit more lemon juice and salt than called for...