Pan de Queso (Brazilian Cheese Buns)
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 69
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 cheese buns)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Bring water, milk, oil, and salt to boil in a large saucepan. Remove from heat; add tapioca starch and mix well. Let cool, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer tapioca mixture to a large bowl. Add egg and mix well to combine. Fold in Parmesan cheese and knead until dough is smooth but still sticky.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the dough and roll into a small ball; place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Manioc starch ("Polvilho Dolce") is traditionally used in this recipe. Use it instead of the tapioca if preferred.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 69 calories; 3.6 7.6 1.8 11 105 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Batter was so runny that I added another cup of tapioca starch. Then, bread balls flattened and did not puff in oven. The result was chewy toasted cheese pancakes. The flavor was good. I wi...