Gluten Free Autumn Squash Soup
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 634
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- In a large soup pot, saute apples with olive oil, onion, sage, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves for 4-5 minutes or until slightly softened. Season with salt and pepper. Add milk, chicken broth and squash and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes or until the squash is nice and soft.
- In a blender, puree the soup in small batches to achieve a nice, smooth consistency. When finished, transfer the soup back to the pot and bring it back to simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the uncooked pasta to the soup and continue to cook for half the amount of time suggested on the pasta package - while stirring frequently.
- Set the soup aside and let it rest for 25-30 minutes.
- In a small skillet, toast the pumpkin seeds over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes, or until they are slightly golden.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds over each bowl before serving.
Per Serving: 634 calories; 15.7 110.6 16.3 10 228 Full nutrition