Ingredients55 m servings 192
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Mix oats, brown sugar, whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, all-purpose flour, and baking powder together in a large bowl; mash in banana. Stir in eggs, butter, milk, applesauce, and vanilla extract; mix thoroughly until batter is smooth. Pour into the baking pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute margarine for butter if preferred.
- Mix the brownie batter with an electric mixer instead of by hand if you prefer.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 192 calories; 8.3 26.2 3.9 39 101 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
My version was with 3 bananas, no applesauce, 1 cup all purpose flour instead of wheat flour, and a little extra oats because my mix was runny. It turned out good.
BEWARE OF BREAKING TEETH! This recipe will make a chocolate concoction that is dry and hard-as-bricks. Recipe is not tested--total waste of time and energy to make. Since I really like the c...
This was cake like, dry, and not fudgy. My 9 year old liked it.... Wont make again.