Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 36
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a large pot. Pour in water, corn syrup, and lemon juice. Stir in blueberries and vanilla bean. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until thickened and infused with vanilla flavor, about 5 minutes. Remove syrup from heat.
- Strain syrup into 3 hot, sterilized half-pint canning jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any residue. Top with lids and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool, about 1 hour. Press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 36 calories; 0 9.5 0.1 0 2 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Absolutely fantastic! Perfect for fresh breakfast syrup. We skipped the canning part and used immediately. Fresh squeezed lemon made the difference for a refreshing but not overly sweet syrup. W...
This syrup came out perfectly. The vanilla added a very nice flavor. I've also substituted strawberries for the blueberries. Both syrups were a hit with family and friends.
Not too sweet, which I really liked. Easy to make. I would just like to use something other than Karo syrup, but otherwise a great recipe.
Nice! Very easy to make and this thickens up beautifully. I only got one 1/2 pint jar out of this, but that was fine for us. I plan to use this over waffles and ice cream for the kids. Thanks fo...