Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients10 m servings 78 cals
Original recipe yields 20 servings (1 pint )
- Microwave vanilla bean and 2 teaspoons water in a small microwave-safe bowl until softened, about 30 seconds.
- Bring sugar and remaining water to a boil in a saucepan. Split vanilla bean lengthwise on a work surface; scrape out seeds with the back of a knife. Add seeds and pod to saucepan; boil until syrup is thickened slightly, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Cook's Notes:
- A thicker syrup can be made by reducing sugar amount to 1 cup. The thicker syrup is more for iced coffee. The thin syrup makes great vanilla soda with 1/4 part syrup and 3/4 part soda water. The thin syrup plus sweetened condensed milk on shaved ice makes a great snow cone.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to use. I use clean Ball® jars for storage.
- Syrup can be stored with or without the vanilla bean, but don't eat it.
Per Serving: 78 calories; 0 g fat; 20.2 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; < 1 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1