Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 52 m servings 301
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat bacon grease in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange sauerkraut and apples in a large roasting pan. Top with cooked onions and remaining bacon grease.
- Mix chicken broth, brown sugar, and mustard powder together in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high until sugar dissolves and broth is heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir and pour over sauerkraut mixture, mixing to combine.
- Cut several deep slits in the top of the pork loin and place in the center of the sauerkraut mixture. Cover roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Roast pork in the preheated oven until heated through, about 1 hour. Reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees F (121 degrees C). Continue roasting pork until tender and pulls apart easily, 2 to 3 hours. Remove from oven and cool until easily handled, about 15 minutes.
- Discard pork bones, shred pork using 2 forks and return to pan with sauerkraut mixture. Stir well to combine.
- Partner tip: Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 301 calories; 15.2 21.2 20.2 61 1236 Full nutrition