Ingredients50 m servings 253
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add cumin seeds and cloves; saute until cumin seeds swell, about 30 seconds. Discard cloves. Add onion to the pot and saute until lightly golden, about 5 minutes.
- Combine tomato paste, curry powder, flour, turmeric, garlic powder, ginger, basil, allspice, and salt together in a bowl. Stir in 1 cup warm water.
- Pour tomato mixture over onion in the pot; stir until combined and thick. Stir in additional water until curry reaches a saucy consistency. Stir in garbanzo beans and bell pepper. Reduce heat and simmer curry, 5 minutes. Add green beans and peas; season with rice wine vinegar, salt, and black pepper. Simmer curry, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Add additional water if curry appears too thick.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger for the ground ginger if preferred. Use fresh minced garlic instead of garlic powder if desired.
- Substitute potato or rice flour for the all-purpose flour if preferred.
- Use frozen green beans instead of fresh if desired.
Per Serving: 253 calories; 8.8 38.4 8.8 0 511 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Delicious! We added a little turmeric and crushed red pepper to the wet masala. We served it over rice with chopped cilantro. I’m excited to try it with a touch of coconut cream the next time we...
It was delish! I made substitutions just because I didn't have all the ingredients. I used 1/2 coconut milk, 1/2 silk milk and added no peppers, green beans or vinegar. My family loved it. Sp...