Malaysian Red Curry Thighs
Ingredients1 h servings 354
- Place green onions, ginger, and garlic in a food processor; puree until smooth.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season chicken thighs with salt and cook, skin-side down, until browned, about 10 minutes per side. Remove from skillet.
- Scrape ginger puree into the skillet and cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes. Add curry powder, red curry paste, garam masala, and Chinese five-spice powder; cook and stir until fragrant. Pour in coconut milk and stir to loosen up the bits from the bottom of the skillet. Add fish sauce and half the sugar. Taste; adjust salt and sugar, and stir in sriracha sauce.
- Return chicken thighs to the skillet, reduce heat, and simmer until flavors are combined, about 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute coconut oil for the grapeseed oil if preferred.
Per Serving: 354 calories; 27.9 6.2 20.9 71 346 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
Delicious! I increased the Maesri red curry paste to about 3 tbl. and after returning the chicken thighs to the skillet, I added baby carrots, green beans, and sliced red pepper, and continued s...
I made this exactly as the recipe called for and the flavors were fantastic. I was hoping for it to be a little spicier, next time I'll increase the curry paste to increase the heat. Excellent r...
I spent 21 days in India in 2016. We ate curry every day. So I have an authentic reference point. This recipe is excellent. I have made it 4 or 5 times. Three times with chicken and once wi...
This is excellent the way the recipe reads and I make it that way a lot. But if you have extra stuff in your freezer you can add them. I added chopped carotts, peas and 1 cup mashed sweet pota...
The flavor was pungent, but not totally pleasing. We typically love this type of food, but I won't be making this recipe again.
Used 16 thighs. Winged it for Garam Masala. Used candied ginger. Will definitely make it again. One suggestion - prep all ingredients before cooking the thighs.