Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients21 m servings 80
Original recipe yields 60 servings (5 dozen)
- Preheat pizzelle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Mix flour and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Combine eggs and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat on medium speed until well-blended. Add 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons shortening and beat until blended. Add flour mixture and mix on medium speed until incorporated. Fold anise seeds and vanilla extract into batter with a spatula.
- Drop a teaspoon of batter onto the preheated iron. Bake until golden, 30 to 40 seconds, or a few seconds longer for darker pizzelle.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- To make chocolate pizzelle, you can add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder to the flour mixture in step 1.
- To roll pizzelle for filling, roll immediately after they come off the hot iron.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 80 calories; 3.6 10.7 1.4 19 23 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2