Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients21 m servings 104 cals
Original recipe yields 60 servings (5 dozen)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat. Stir sugar into saucepan until dissolved. Add eggs and coffee liqueur; mix well to combine.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder together in a large bowl. Stir into butter mixture until well-mixed and batter is stiff.
- Preheat pizzelle baker according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto the preheated pizzelle baker. Bake until browned, about 45 seconds. Remove from baker and trim any ragged edges with scissors.
- Cook's Notes:
- Pizzelle batter should be stiff enough to be scooped by the spoonful. Add extra flour in step 2, a 1/4 cup at a time, if needed.
- Baking pizzelle for 45 seconds yields soft cookies; baking them for 1 minute results in crisp cookies that are starting to brown.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 104 calories; 3.8 g fat; 15.7 g carbohydrates; 1.9 g protein; 27 mg cholesterol; 46 mg sodium. Full nutrition