Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients22 m servings 86
Original recipe yields 60 servings (5 dozen)
- Preheat pizzelle baker according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Mix whole wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves, and black pepper together in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat. Stir white sugar, brown sugar, molasses, and orange zest into saucepan until well-combined. Add 1/2 of the flour mixture, stirring until smooth. Add eggs; mix until smooth. Stir in remaining flour mixture, mixing until batter is smooth.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto the preheated pizzelle baker. Bake until browned, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- If you have a mini pizzelle baker, cook pizzelle for about 35 seconds.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 86 calories; 3.7 12.2 1.8 27 63 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I doubled the spices, and the flavor was still mild. Flavor was better the next day, but then they lost their crispness, as with any pizelle recipe.