Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients21 m servings 103 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 dozen)
- Sift flour and baking powder together in a small bowl.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, adding sugar gradually until mixture thickens. Beat in melted butter gradually until well-blended. Stir in orange extract, triple sec, yellow food coloring, and red food coloring. Carefully stir in sifted flour and baking powder until batter is stiff and smooth. Fold in grated orange zest.
- Grease and preheat pizzelle baker according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Use a small ice cream scoop or tablespoon cookie scoop to drop batter onto the preheated pizzelle baker. Bake until browned, 30 to 40 seconds. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 103 calories; 4.5 g fat; 13.5 g carbohydrates; 1.8 g protein; 33 mg cholesterol; 57 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
The batter was tasty but this does not make pizzeles, too fluffy! I have been making pizzeles for Christmas for 50 years and thought that I would spice it up a little. Went back to the old relia...