Mimi's Cheesecake Torte
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 30 m servings 587 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9-inch cheesecake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium speed until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Beat egg whites in a separate bowl on high speed until stiff peaks form, 3 to 5 minutes. Blend in 1 1/2 cups sugar. Fold egg whites into cream cheese, and stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Pour cream cheese filling into crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until filling is set, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 475 degrees F (246 degrees C).
- Combine sour cream, 2 tablespoons white sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract together in a large bowl. Spread evenly on top of the filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature, about 45 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Cook's Note:
- Coat the bottom of the baking pan with finely chopped walnuts or almond slices instead of using a graham cracker crust if preferred.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 587 calories; 39 g fat; 52 g carbohydrates; 9.4 g protein; 94 mg cholesterol; 388 mg sodium. Full nutrition