Ingredients30 m servings 234 cals
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Pat shrimp dry with paper towels.
- Combine flour, lemon pepper seasoning, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne together in a bowl. Whisk eggs and milk together in a second bowl.
- Dip each shrimp in the egg mixture, then the flour mixture to evenly coat. Transfer prepared shrimp to a baking sheet until ready to fry. Sprinkle additional flour as needed to fully cover.
- Cook 8 to 10 shrimp at a time in the hot oil until golden brown on the outside and cooked through on the inside, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with paper towels. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Toss shrimp together with hot sauce in a large bowl until each piece is coated.
- Cook's Notes:
- We buy the bag of frozen, peeled shrimp you can find in your grocer's cooler in the seafood section.
- Thaw shrimp overnight in refrigerator or in a sealed plastic bag placed in a bowl of cold water for about 15 minutes.
- Editor's Notes:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of breading ingredients. The actual amount of breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 234 calories; 16.9 g fat; 9 g carbohydrates; 11.5 g protein; 138 mg cholesterol; 942 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This recipe was fabulous! We made them for our Steelers playoff party. Delicious!!!
INCREDIBLE! Made this for dinner tonight and wish I had made more! This in an incredible recipe, followed it letter by letter and the shrimp turned out perfectly. My wife absolutely raved about ...