Pierogi Stuffed Shells
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 557
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta shells in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, about 9 minutes. Drain and arrange at the bottom of the baking dish.
- Measure 2 cups of water into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high to bring water to a boil, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove water from microwave and immediately add instant mashed potatoes, using a fork to moisten potatoes. Cover and let stand, about 5 minutes.
- Stir French-fried onions, Cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and jalapeno into potatoes; mix well to combine. Stuff each pasta shell with a heaping teaspoon of the potato mixture.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir until translucent and softened, about 5 minutes. Pour butter and onions over stuffed shells. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake stuffed shells in the preheated oven until golden, about 45 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 557 calories; 33.7 50.5 11.2 42 578 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Made as written and these turned out good. You the real bacon bits and not the imitation. The fresh onions were good but there was plenty of onion flavor going on with the dried ones so I would ...