Ingredients28 m servings 578
- Mix shredded turkey, pepper Jack cheese, green onions, salt and pepper together in a bowl. Watch Now
- Wrap stack of tortillas in a paper towel and place in a sealable plastic bag. Seal the bag only halfway. Microwave on high until tortillas are hot and flexible, about 45 seconds. Keep tortillas warm in the bag as you fill the others. Watch Now
- Place 2 tortillas on a work surface, one about 2 inches off center of the first creating a longer partially double tortilla. Spoon about 1/4 to 1/3 cup turkey mixture in a row just below the center of the long side of the tortilla. Paint a bit of egg white along the top edge of the tortillas. Bring bottom edge of the tortilla up and over the filling and roll rather tightly toward the top edge over the egg white. Set aside with the fold on the bottom while you fill the remaining tortillas. Watch Now
- Place 1/4 inch vegetable oil in a saute pan over medium heat. When oil is hot, place flautas in oil, seam side down. Press down gently with a spatula a couple of seconds to flatten bottoms. Fry in batches until flautas are crispy, golden, and heated through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Drain about a minute on paper towels. Serve topped with shredded cabbage, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, and chopped cilantro. Watch Now
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute grated Cheddar cheese for the pepper Jack, or use a combination of the two.
- If your turkey was not super moist, you can always add a 1/4 cup of chicken broth to the turkey/cheese mixture to compensate.
- If you're making a lot of flautas you can place them on a baking sheet and finish cooking them in a 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 578 calories; 25 53.5 36.9 101 522 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
These were delicious and easy (if you buy the guac & salsa). It really didn't seem like leftover turkey at all. I do recommend the egg white to keep the tortillas from coming undone. I halved th...
These are very good. My turkey was kind of dry, so I mixed the salsa into the filling instead of putting it on top. That worked well. I had ZERO luck hooking two tortillas together though, th...
I followed this recipe exactly as stated except I used chicken instead of turkey and it was absolutely delicious. I didn't have leftover of either, so I just stuck some chicken in the crockpot ...