Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 632
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 12-inch deep dish pie)
- Adjust rack in oven to lower third. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Combine 3 cups flour, 1 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon cold butter, 2 tablespoons sugar, and salt in a food processor. Pulse until coarse meal forms. Add remaining 1 cup flour; pulse to incorporate. Alternate adding vodka and water to flour mixture a tablespoon at a time, pulsing until dough forms into a ball.
- Divide the dough in half and shape into balls. Roll out each ball to fit a 12-inch deep-dish pie plate. Place bottom crust in pie plate. Brush 1/2 of egg wash over bottom pie crust.
- Bring 3 quarts water to a boil in a large stock pot. Remove from heat. Add apples and let stand 10 minutes; drain. Toss lemon juice and zest together with apples in a large bowl.
- Combine 1 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, apple pie spice, and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Place 1 layer of apples onto pie crust; sprinkle with some of the spice mixture. Repeat with remaining apples and spice mixture, reserving 1 tablespoon of the spice mixture for top crust. Cover apples with top pie crust; brush with remaining egg wash and sprinkle with remaining spice mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C); bake until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes more.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- For best results with the pie crust, measure flour by weight instead of volume. I used 350 grams (about 3 cups) for the first measure, then 150 grams (about 1 cup) for the second.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 632 calories; 29.8 85.4 6.9 95 447 Full nutrition