Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Cupcakes
Ingredients40 m servings 272
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line muffin pans with paper liners.
- Combine gluten-free flour, coconut sugar, dark chocolate chips, cocoa powder, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, and salt in a bowl; mix well to combine.
- Whisk buttermilk, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract together in another large bowl until combined. Add flour mixture; fold in with a spatula until completely blended. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each about halfway.
- Bake cupcakes in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool in pans 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use the gluten-free flour of your choice. Substitute brown rice flour for the coconut flour if desired. Note coconut flour drinks moisture out of recipes, so the batter may appear very thick. Not so with brown rice flour.
- Substitute milk for the buttermilk if preferred.
- I use avocado oil. You can also use coconut oil, but there will be a slight flavor difference.
- This recipe makes 12 big cupcakes, or 18 slightly smaller ones.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 272 calories; 13.9 37 4.8 42 244 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
One for the keeper recipe file guys and gals! We did it. We've found a real cupcake. Not a rock. Not a chocolate-flavoured sponge. And not chocolate flavoured crumbles to wear on your shirt inst...
This was delicious, lots of happy tastebuds! I tweaked it and created Gluten and Sugar-Free Raspberry Filled Dark Chocolate Cupcakes. Added Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting and of course sprinkles!...