Roasted Butternut Squash Soup Infused With Chocolate
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 385
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 bowls)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rub each half of squash with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and place cut-side up on baking sheet. Sprinkle cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and pepper on each half. Place chocolate, garlic, chile, and maple syrup into the cavities of each half.
- Bake in the preheated oven until flesh is soft and tender, 45 to 55 minutes. Remove from oven to cool.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a stock pot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Scoop flesh out of 1 butternut squash half, along with cavity contents, into a blender. Add onion and 2 cups chicken stock; puree until smooth. Pour into stock pot. Scoop flesh out of remaining butternut squash half, along with cavity contents, into blender. Add remaining chicken stock; puree until smooth. Pour into stock pot.
- Heat soup in stock pot over medium heat to desired temperature; add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Cook's Notes:
- Dark chocolate should be 72% cocoa or higher. Reduce amount to 1 ounce, if desired.
Per Serving: 385 calories; 19.2 55.6 4.9 1 802 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1