Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients7 d 2 h servings 190
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 dozen chocolate-covered cherries)
- Pour cherries, with their juice, into a glass bowl. Cover cherries with rum. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerate for 1 week.
- Drain and dry rum-infused cherries.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Mix confectioners' sugar, 1/2 cup butter, milk, and maple syrup together in a bowl until smooth and pliable. Wrap each cherry with sugar mixture. Arrange on baking sheet. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Combine chocolate chips, semisweet chocolate, 2 tablespoons butter, and paraffin wax in a saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring, until melted, about 5 minutes.
- Dip each wrapped cherry into the melted chocolate mixture using a toothpick. Return to baking sheet. Repeat with remaining cherries. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and chill until set, about 1 hour.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- When draining cherries in step 2, you can save the juice and use it to make cherry colas.
- Substitute cream for the milk if desired.
Per Serving: 190 calories; 7.7 29 0.6 13 36 Full nutrition