Homemade Herb-Infused Butter
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 10 m servings 107
Original recipe yields 8 servings (0 cup)
- Grind up the dried oregano until very fine; measure out 3 tablespoons.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Lower heat to medium-low and stir in oregano. Carefully pour in water. Simmer gently, stirring every 20 minutes, until flavors combine, about 2 hours in total. Remove saucepan from heat.
- Wrap a piece of cheesecloth around a glass, ceramic, or metal bowl and secure with a rubber band. Pour butter mixture through cheesecloth into bowl. Remove rubber band and carefully squeeze excess butter out of the cheesecloth, making sure oregano is strained out.
- Cover bowl with aluminum foil and chill in the refrigerator until butter solidifies above water, about 4 hours. Break the butter in half with a knife and transfer to a plate. Cover. Discard water.
- Partner tip: Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 107 calories; 11.7 1.1 0.3 31 85 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1