Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 300
Original recipe yields 40 servings
- Whisk 4 cups flour, club soda, 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl to form a slightly lumpy batter.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Dust shrimp with remaining 2 cups flour. Dip shrimp into batter and place on a baking sheet to drain excess, 5 minutes.
- Spread coconut out on a rimmed baking sheet. Roll battered shrimp in coconut.
- Fry shrimp in hot oil in small batches, being careful not to crowd them, until they float to the top and turn golden brown, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute beer for the club soda if desired.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 300 calories; 17.4 18.8 18 138 364 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Scaled down the recipe but it was fantastic! Reminded me of the coconut shrimp I had in Hawaii! Served it with sweet chilli sauce for dipping