Healthy Sweet Peanut Butter Balls
"This is my take on a healthy, protein-packed, energy-filled peanut butter ball. We all know nuts and seeds are nutritious, but getting them into your diet can be hard when eating them raw doesn't appeal. Here they add a lovely crunchy texture and complement the strong peanut butter taste. This is a great low-carb snack between meals or to satisfy an after-dinner sweet tooth. Make sure you use an all-natural peanut butter with no additives."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients58 m servings 88
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 peanut butter balls)
- Spray a small skillet with cooking spray; add sunflower and pumpkin seeds. Warm over low heat until they just start to brown, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a small bowl. Add peanut butter, almond flour, flaxseed meal, dark chocolate, and honey to the bowl. Mix well.
- Scoop out level tablespoon-sized portions of the mixture with a measuring spoon. Roll into balls with your fingers.
- Place shredded coconut in a shallow bowl. Roll each ball in coconut to coat. Transfer to refrigerator; chill until set, about 30 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute almond flour for the flaxseed meal if preferred.
- Use almond flour for rolling the peanut butter balls instead of coconut if desired.
- Store these in the refrigerator or freezer until serving.
Per Serving: 88 calories; 7.4 3.9 2.9 < 1 16 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1