Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 257 cals
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Arrange potato nuggets in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels and chop coarsely.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; add shallot and cook until fragrant. Stir in flour and cook until light golden, about 2 minutes. Whisk in milk and 2 tablespoons sour cream; stir until smooth and thick, about 5 minutes. Season with black pepper and nutmeg. Stir in 1 cup Cheddar cheese until fully melted.
- Transfer potatoes to a 9x13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle bacon on top. Pour cheese sauce over the potatoes. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven just until cheese melts, about 7 minutes. Remove from the oven; top with green onions and 2 tablespoons sour cream.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 257 calories; 17 g fat; 22.5 g carbohydrates; 7.9 g protein; 28 mg cholesterol; 489 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Lets try this again lol... So as I was saying no one really noticed the bacon so Id suggest doubling the bacon and the other thing I would suggest is making double the cheese sauce as I found t...
What's not to love?! I used American cheese in the sauce instead of cheddar, but that was my only change. YUM, YUM, YUM!!! Thanks for sharing. :)
It was easy to make, we used onion tots doubled the bacon but something still seemed to be missing in the flavor. Served it's purpose but not sure I'd make this one again.
It was great tasting and easy to make! I made it for my family so I made a smaller amount and just adjusted the recipe. I did add more bacon. I'm sure I'll make it again!