Ingredients8 h 23 m servings 149 cals
- Place ground pork in a large bowl. Combine salt, turmeric, sage, oregano, black pepper, paprika, and marjoram in a small bowl. Sprinkle half of the seasonings over the pork. Mix well with your hands or a wooden spoon to combine. Sprinkle remaining seasonings onto the pork and mix until evenly distributed.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
- Scoop out 1/4 cup of the chilled pork mixture at a time and shape into patties.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties until no longer pink in the center and browned, about 4 minutes per side.
- Cook's Note:
- Don't overdo the sage or the marjoram; when I've done that in past iterations it really dries out the pork. If you are serving a small army just double everything!
Per Serving: 149 calories; 11.6 g fat; 0.5 g carbohydrates; 10.1 g protein; 37 mg cholesterol; 610 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Tasty, but super salty (I am a salt lover). I even used over a pound of ground pork, but the salt is really just too much, so next time I will def cut that back by at least 1/2. Other than that,...
So thankful for this recipe! Just started Paleo and breakfast is the most confounding. These sausages are a lifesaver! They're delicious and portable. I didn't have any turmeric which was a bumm...
Good recipe. I only use 1/2 tsp of salt and would recommend omitting the turmeric as it stinks up the house when cooking the sausage.