Traditional Pecan Pie in a Jar
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 43 m servings 794 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 jars)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread pecans on a baking sheet.
- Bake pecans in the preheated oven until lightly toasted, 6 to 8 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Bring sugar, light corn syrup, and dark corn syrup to a boil in a saucepan; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl until frothy. Add syrup mixture slowly, whisking constantly to prevent eggs from curdling. Whisk in butter, vanilla extract, and salt until batter is smooth.
- Spray 8 small jars with cooking spray. Press pieces of pie crust dough into bottom and sides of jars. Add a layer of toasted pecans to each jar. Spoon in batter, leaving 1/4 inch rim at top.
- Bake in preheated oven until darkened on the top, about 40 minutes. Cool to room temperature before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- Check jars while baking at 25 minutes; cover with aluminum foil if tops are darkening too quickly.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 794 calories; 44.6 g fat; 97.4 g carbohydrates; 8.7 g protein; 108 mg cholesterol; 396 mg sodium. Full nutrition