Creamy Cheese Fall Vegetable Casserole
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 438
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 3-quart dish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Place milk, carrots, sweet potatoes, leeks, parsnips, celery, butternut squash, and turnip in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low; simmer vegetables until tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Stir cream cheese into vegetable mixture until melted. Stir Parmesan cheese and nutmeg into mixture. Season vegetable mixture with salt and pepper; pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Stir bread crumbs and melted butter together in a small bowl; sprinkle crumb mixture over casserole.
- Bake, covered, in the preheated oven until bubbly, about 30 minutes. Remove cover and cook until top is lightly browned, about 5 minutes more. Let casserole rest for 2 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 438 calories; 18.4 57.2 14.3 53 513 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This recipe gets 5 stars for flavor, but only 3 stars for ease of following the recipe and actually making the dish. First there is no way to simmer that many vegetables in that much milk and h...