Ingredients40 m servings 456
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir onions until they start to soften, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and thyme; stir until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Stir in broth, bay leaves, and soy sauce. Bring soup to a boil.
- Whisk cornstarch and water together in a small bowl; pour into soup and stir well to incorporate. Reduce heat and simmer soup until it starts to thicken, about 10 minutes. Add coconut milk, salt, and black pepper. Simmer just until coconut milk is heated through (do not allow to boil), about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Almond milk can be substituted for the coconut milk if preferred.
- Substitute gluten-free liquid aminos for the soy sauce if desired.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 456 calories; 40 24.2 6 0 912 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
It's missing celery, in my opinion. I added two finely chopped stalks. I was only interested in GF mushroom soup, not the vegan ~ so I used chicken stock for the liquid. It's sooo yummy, I c...
Love this soup! I added a shallot and used only one can of coconut milk to have a thicker soup base for another recipe. I also used chicken stock and used a full 8 ounce package of brown mushr...
I love this vegan soup! I followed the recipe except I substituted 1 cup of coconut milk with coconut cream, not sure if it made any difference. It was quick, flavorful and easy. I will be maki...
This was really yummy. I had one can of coconut milk, so included that and substituted the rest with almond milk. I also took someone else's advice and included celery with the onions and thym...