Easy Cabbage Pockets
Ingredients1 h servings 170
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Stir onion into ground beef and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add cabbage and reduce heat to low; cook and stir until cabbage has wilted slightly, about 5 minutes more. Pour mixture into colander to strain excess liquid and cool slightly.
- Spray a work surface with cooking spray. Flatten rolls into disc shape with a rolling pin; spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons of beef and cabbage filling onto each disc. Fold discs in half around filling, pressing edges together to seal. Gently place in muffin cups, spray tops with cooking spray, and poke with toothpick to allow venting.
- Cook cabbage pockets in preheated oven until dough is browned, 25 to 45 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Pockets can also be baked on a baking sheet. Fold dough in half over filling and seal with a toothpick, if necessary.
- Butter can be substituted for cooking spray, if desired.
- Cooking time will vary based upon type of frozen dinner rolls used. You can also follow package directions for cooking time.
- Any leftover meat and cabbage filling can be frozen and used later.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 170 calories; 5.4 22.9 7.9 13 227 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This is a great recipes to make ahead of time and freeze. My husband's favorite to throw in his lunch and heat up at work. This is definitely popular in Germany when I had visited. Germans selli...
this Kansas girl was feeling homesick, so I made these bierocks for Sunday school yesterday. They vanished! I didn't even get one!
I could not give it a 5 because I didn't have all the ingredients. I didn't have cabbage, so i steamed up a bunch of brussel sprouts and chopped them up, added 1 tbsp unsalted butter to them, t...