Four Meat Ragu Lasagna
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 45 m servings 330
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium high heat. Whisk in the flour and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. Slowly whisk in the milk and nutmeg. Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, whisking occasionally, until slightly thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and saute, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes. Add the onion, celery and carrots and continue to cook for 6-7 minutes until softened and fragrant. Add the meats and cook, stirring frequently, until deep brown in color. Add the wine to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium low. Cook until the wine has reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup stock to the saucepan and simmer, 10 minutes, or until totally evaporated. Repeat with another 1/2 cup stock. Stir in the last 1/2 cup stock and milk. Partially cover the pot and cook for 1 hour, stirring frequently. Add the tomatoes, crushing them as they go into the pot. Cook uncovered on medium-low heat for another 45 minutes so the sauce resembles a thick, meaty stew. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large baking dish, spread a thin layer of the bechamel sauce. Add a layer of pasta, then a layer of bechamel and then a layer of rag. Repeat until you have used all of your pasta. On the top layer of pasta, spread the bechamel sauce and top with Parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Cover with Reynolds Wrap(R) Aluminum Foil and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake another 10 minutes until golden brown. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
You might also like
- What's Gaby Cooking (http://whatsgabycooking.com/)
- Reynolds Kitchens Tip:
- Cover your lasagna with Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil for an evenly baked lasagna and to prevent the top from over browning.
Per Serving: 330 calories; 14.4 31.3 17.4 49 534 Full nutrition