Rainbow Potato Pancakes
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 249
Original recipe yields 14 servings
- For the russet pancakes, preheat vegetable oil in a skillet until it reaches 350 degrees F.
- Grate potatoes and onion, set aside. Place measured amounts into a clean bar towel or cloth. Squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Whisk eggs and whisk in potato starch, salt, and white pepper until smooth. Quickly fold onion and potatoes into the egg mixture.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to portion out a potato pancake. Place into hot oil and flatten with a spatula.
- Fry until golden brown and flip with a slotted spatula (about 4 minutes per side). Fry for an additional time until the second side is golden brown.
- Use a slotted spatula to remove the pancake to a drain pan or rack. Sprinkle with fine salt.
- Use the same directions to make the purple potato pancakes using the ingredients listed above.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Older russet and purple potatoes work best as they contain less water.
- The potatoes will continue to emit moisture after you make the batter. Continue to stir the mixture between forming pancakes.
Per Serving: 249 calories; 18.6 18.7 3.2 47 453 Full nutrition