Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 45 m servings 956
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 -pound turkey)
- Preheat smoker using pans of briquets and hickory chips, adding the chips according to manufacturer's directions. Cut turkey in half.
- Bring vegetable oil, cider vinegar, hot pepper sauce, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and honey to a rapid boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer basting sauce for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Lay turkey flat on wire racks of the smoker. Place racks into the smoker, and smoke according to manufacturer's directions, basting every 15 minutes, about 2 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh should 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Cook's Notes:
- If you don't own a smoker, a grill can be used instead.
- Smoke the turkey for up to 3 hours, depending on it's size.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of basting sauce ingredients. The actual amount consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 956 calories; 59 9.1 91.6 264 408 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1