Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients13 h 55 m servings 987
Original recipe yields 20 servings (1 smoked turkey)
- Place turkey in a large roasting pan and remove or tie back wing tips. Mix lemon pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and seasoned salt into softened butter in a bowl. Massage butter onto turkey skin and inside cavity until turkey is thoroughly covered.
- Combine apple juice and wine in a large pitcher or bowl. Pour enough into the smoker's water pan to fill it; add rosemary.
- Place charcoal in the bottom pan of smoker and light according to manufacturer's directions. Wait until charcoal is covered in white ash, about 20 minutes. Place turkey in the smoker, add a handful of wood chips to the charcoal, and close the lid.
- Check smoker every 60 to 90 minutes to add more charcoal or wood chips. Top up water pan with apple juice and wine as needed. Cook turkey until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), 13 to 15 hours.
- Remove turkey from the smoker, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest in a warm area before slicing, 15 to 30 minutes.
- Partner tip: Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 987 calories; 36.7 30.1 92.5 280 963 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1