Ingredients7 h 55 m servings 773 cals
- Place turkey in a roasting pan. Rub salt all over and inside turkey. Let sit for 1 hour.
- Preheat smoker to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). If your smoker is equipped with a water pan, fill it.
- Rinse salt off turkey and pat dry with paper towels. Return to roasting pan and baste with melted better. Cover with aluminum foil and place in smoker.
- Cook for about 3 hours; remove aluminum foil. Continue to cook, uncovered, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the turkey thigh reads 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Remove turkey from the smoker and tent with aluminum foil. Let it rest in a warm area before slicing, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Partner tip: Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 773 calories; 42.9 g fat; 0 g carbohydrates; 90.7 g protein; 295 mg cholesterol; 5914 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I have made this in our smoker multiple times - in the backyard, up in the mountains while camping off grid, at my mom's, etc. Seriously, the easiest turkey recipe ever. A few tips - I use A...
I used pineapples and onions that I placed inside the , injected it with garlic and butter with herbs and smoked for 6 hours at 230. The seasonings is what topped it off