Ingredients7 h 55 m servings 773
- Place turkey in a roasting pan. Rub salt all over and inside turkey. Let sit for 1 hour.
- Preheat smoker to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). If your smoker is equipped with a water pan, fill it.
- Rinse salt off turkey and pat dry with paper towels. Return to roasting pan and baste with melted better. Cover with aluminum foil and place in smoker.
- Cook for about 3 hours; remove aluminum foil. Continue to cook, uncovered, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the turkey thigh reads 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Remove turkey from the smoker and tent with aluminum foil. Let it rest in a warm area before slicing, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Partner tip: Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 773 calories; 42.9 0 90.7 295 5914 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Here's how our smoker gets a turkey workout - in the backyard, up in the mountains while camping off grid, at my mom's, etc. Seriously, the easiest turkey recipe ever. A few tips - I use Al...
We made this for Father’s Day. My husband wanted to cook outside and we thought it would be a good way to experiment with his Acorn Charcoal Cooker I got him for his birthday. He made sure that ...
I used pineapples and onions that I placed inside the , injected it with garlic and butter with herbs and smoked for 6 hours at 230. The seasonings is what topped it off