Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 388
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Pierce butternut squash and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender, about 45 minutes. Allow squash to cool until easily handled; cut in half, scoop the seeds, peel, and chop the flesh.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and shallot until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add curry powder and turmeric and cook until evenly coated, about 2 minutes.
- Mix squash, apple, and ginger into onion mixture; add enough water to cover. Bring liquid to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until squash and apples are softened, about 15 minutes. Mash soup using a potato masher or blend with an immersion blender until squash is broken up.
- Mix coconut milk and salt into soup and simmer until heated through, about 3 minutes more.
Per Serving: 388 calories; 25.1 44.3 5.7 0 68 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
Perfectly delicious! I made it as written, but only used one T. of curry powder and it came out great. I will use 1 and a half next time. It served 6. I had coconut cream instead of milk on hand...
Wow this was good! I loved what fresh ginger did to the flavor of the squash and the apples. Such a great combination. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Delicious! I loved the sweet and savoury flavors here. The curry and turmeric give it a bright orange color, too. I used some roasted, puréed squash I had in the freezer, so this came together q...
#AllrecipesAllstarsCanada #AppleHarvest I loved this soup. Absolutely loved it. It warms you right down to your toes and makes you thank Mother Earth for her fall veggies and fruits.
My husband and I loved this and went back for seconds. I added the full amount of curry then tasted it before adding the coconut milk. I was worried it would be overpowering, but after the coc...