Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 380
Original recipe yields 20 servings (2 8x4-inch loaves)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Butter two 8x4-inch loaf pans.
- Whisk whole wheat flour, flaxseed meal, wheat germ, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a large bowl. Stir walnuts into dry ingredients.
- Beat eggs and brown sugar in a separate bowl with an electric mixer until thick and pale, about 3 minutes. Add sunflower seed oil, walnut oil, and yogurt; beat to combine. Stir in mashed bananas and vanilla extract.
- Pour egg mixture over dry ingredients and mix briefly, until just moistened. Divide batter between loaf pans.
- Bake loaves in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove pans from the oven and let sit 5 minutes, then remove loaves to cool on wire racks.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute turbinado sugar for the brown sugar if desired.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 380 calories; 22.4 42.5 6.6 37 181 Full nutrition